This recipe is perfect to prep in advance for an easy dinner later in the day, and a healthy, tasty option for summer barbecues.
- 450g diced beef
- 1 courgette, sliced into rounds
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 capsicum, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Broccoli, cut into bite-sized chunks
- Any other vegetables of your choice
- Olive oil spray
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 stick lemongrass (white part only, peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
One to two hours prior to cooking, combine all the marinade ingredients and add the prepared meat and vegetables. Soak bamboo skewers in a glass of water (helps to prevent them from burning).
Once marinated, thread veges and meat onto the skewers.
Lightly spray oil in a pan or on the barbecue grill. Bring up to medium/high heat and cook skewers evenly, turning when needed.
TIP: To complete this meal, serve with a cupped hand of carbohydrates such as bread or roasted potatoes, or 1 1/2 cups of fruit (i.e. fruit salad for dessert).
Image / DepositPhotos