Smashed Avo On Toast
Healthy eating doesn't need to be complicated - this brunch favourite packs a whole lot of goodness into it, and it tastes SO good!
- 1 slice of wholegrain toast
- 1 egg, cooked (preferably poached but really you can choose to cook it however you like!)
- 60g of avocado (about a third of a standard sized avo)
- 75g lean ham
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Sliced fried mushrooms and/or tomato slices
- Salad greens to serve on the side (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
Cook the egg, either poaching or whatever your preference is.
Mix avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper together, mashing with a fork. Spread avocado mix over toast. Top with mushrooms/tomatoes, egg and ham. Sprinkle a little chilli flakes on top if you like. Add salad greens to the side before serving if you want to bump up the veges in this dish.
Image / NZ Real Health